Egyptian Lebanese High Joint Commission meetings are held annually and are headed by the Prime Ministers of both countries in the capitals of both countries alternately. Relations between both countries are mainly governed by a number of agreements between them, the most important of which are as follows:
• Agreement establishing the High Joint Commission between both countries signed on 18 March 1996.
• Investments Promotion and Protection Agreement signed on 18 March 1996.
• Double Taxation Prevention Agreement signed on 18 March 1996.
• Executive program on exchanging experience between the investigation agencies in both countries in favor of the Anti-Dumping, Subsidy and Safeguard Departments, signed on 17 June 2010.
• MOU in the field of corporate control signed on 17 June 2010.
• Protocol establishing the Egyptian-Lebanese Business Council signed on 27 January 1995.
• Cooperation Agreement in the field of specifications and standards signed on 10 September 1998.
• MOU on cooperation and coordination in the industrial field signed on 19 May 2000.
• Executive program of the MOU on cooperation in the field of mutual recognition of accreditations signed on 17 June 2010.
Seven Sessions of the Egyptian-Lebanese High Joint Commission were held. The First Session was held in Cairo on 16- 18 March 1996 and the latest was held in Beirut on 14- 18 June 2010.
Important Recommendations /Agreements Signed at the Last Session:
The Seventh Session of the Egyptian-Lebanese High Joint Commission convened in June 2010. Key recommendations of this Session include the following:
1. Follow up on the exchange of experience concerning the implementation of the commercial and public electricity interconnection agreements for linking eight countries.
2. Discussing all topics relating to requests for handing over sentenced persons in both countries and agreeing on drafting an MOU on the establishment of a mechanism for activating the judicial agreement between both countries.
3. Discussing the draft executive program of the Technical Cooperation Agreement between the Ministry of Manpower and Immigration in Egypt and the Ministry of Labor in Lebanon.
4. Discussing the rights of Egyptian laborers in Lebanon.
5. Discussing ways to promote trade exchange between both countries and to overcome obstacles impeding its promotion.
6. Discussing ways to increase the volume of joint investments between both countries.