In 1988 an agreement was signed for setting up the Egyptian Yemeni Joint Commission, which is deemed an important mechanism to foster bilateral cooperation. It is presided by both Prime Ministers and is held annually and hosted alternately in Cairo and Sanaa.
• The first session of the Egyptian-Yemeni Joint Commission was held in Cairo in 1988.
• 8 sessions have been held to date, the last of which was held in Cairo on 9-12 July 2015.
Important Recommendations /Agreements Signed at the Last Session:
The following agreements were signed at the eighth session of the Joint Commission held in Cairo on 9- 12 July 2015 :
1. Executive program for cooperation in the field of higher education for the years 2015 – 2017.
2. Executive Program for cooperation in the field of education for the years 2015/2017.
3. Executive program for cooperation in the field of the media for the years 2015/2017.
4. Executive program for cooperation in the field of youth for the years 2015/2017.
5. Protocol for cooperation in the field of security.