Egyptian Sudanese bilateral relations are organized through the Joint Commission held annually and alternately in Cairo and Khartoum and co-chaired by the Egyptian Prime Minister and the Sudanese Vice President. The Ministry of International Cooperation (Arab and African Cooperation Sector) undertakes the preparation of the Commission sessions and the preparatory ministerial committee is co-chaired by on the Egyptian Minister of International Cooperation and the Sudanese Foreign Minister.
A decision was made to elevate the level of chairmanship to Presidential level.
• The first session of the Joint Commission was held in 2003
• The seventh session of the Joint Commission was held in Khartoum on 27-28 March 2011.
• A follow up committee was held in Cairo on 3-4 April 2012
• A preliminary committee on the experts level was held in Khartoum on 4- 5 November 2012 to prepare for the eighth session of the Joint Commission.
Important Recommendations /Agreements Signed at the Last Session:
The following agreements were signed at the seventh session of the Joint Commission in Khartoum on 27- 28 March 2011 :
1. Memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of the media, between the Media Council in Sudan and the State information Service (SIS) in Egypt.
2. Memorandum of understanding in the field of maritime safety and state control over ships.
3. Executive program in the field of investment between both Ministries of Investment in both brotherly countries for the years 2011 - 2013.
4. Memorandum of understanding with the Bank of Sudan presented by the Central Bank of Egypt encompassing a general framework for exchanging information, data and training in the banking sector.
5. Executive program between the Social Fund for Development and the General Bureau of Zakat on activating the executive program of the previous protocol.
6. Executive Program in the field of environment protection.