The Egyptian Emirati Joint Commission held its preliminary meetings on ministerial level in Abu Dhabi on 15-16 December 2010.
Cooperation between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the United Arab Emirates are organized through a set of agreements and protocols, the most important of which are the following:
- Agreement on Scientific and Technical Cooperation in agricultural fields signed on 10/2/1973.
- Agreement on trade exchange, economic and technical cooperation and investments promotion and protection, signed on 7/19/1988.
- Agreement on the establishment of a high joint commission, signed on 9/29/1988.
- Bilateral Cooperation Agreement between the General Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce and the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the UAE, signed on 3/15/1988.
- Bilateral Cooperation Agreement between the Consumer Cooperative Union in the UAE and the General Union of Cooperatives in Egypt, signed on 6/13/1991.
- Agreement on establishing the Joint Emirati Egyptian Business Council, signed on 12/7/1993.
- Double Taxation Prevention Agreement, signed on 12/04/1994.
- Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement, signed on 05.11.1998.
No sessions were held to date
Important Recommendations /Agreements Signed at the Last Session:
Egyptian Emirati bilateral relations are governed by a number of agreements and protocols as follows:
Agreement for scientific and technical cooperation in agricultural fields signed on 10/2/1973
Cooperation agreement on trade, economic and technical cooperation and investment protection signed on 19/07/1988.
Agreement on setting up a joint commission signed on 29/9/1988.
Joint cooperation agreement between the Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce and the UAE Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry on 15/3/1988
Cooperation Agreement between the Consumer Cooperative Union in the UAE and the General Union of Cooperatives in Egypt signed on 6/13/1991.
Agreement on the establishment of the UAE Egyptian Joint Business Council signed on 07/12/1993.
Agreement on the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of tax evasion signed on 04/12/1994.
Agreement on investment promotion and protection signed on 11/5/1998.