Objectives to develop the international cooperation mechanism:
1. To reinforce the sovereignty of the state and the independence of political decisions and to ensure that international agreements are in line with national priorities rather than what is dictated by foreign partners.
2. To increase available foreign currency to lessen the reserve burdens and to secure cash resources for the implementation of development projects, especially those targeting the poorest and the most remote areas.
3. To increase economic return and to reduce external funding costs by diversifying financial sources and tools and enhancing negotiation skills and contractual terms.
4. To realize optimum benefit from foreign cash resources to satisfy the economic development requirements.
5. To depend on the best international expertise in developing the state’s different sectors, thereby ensure the effective implementation of development projects.
6. To develop fields contributing to boosting the Egyptian economy through effective participation in international and regional conferences and seminars.